The world is a tired place, and people, in general are exhausted. A recent survey from the National Safety Council revealed that a whopping 43 percent of Americans say they feel too tired to function at work. This can lead to impact their ability to think clearly, make informed decisions, and be productive, which is not helpful for anyone. Same goes for home—many people are so tired that they don’t enjoy time with their friends and families, which can have an impact on the mental health and wellbeing.
But all is not lost! It’s easier than you think to boost your energy and do so naturally without the help of sometimes-unhealthy options like sugar- and caffeine-filled energy drinks. Here are some simple solutions from Harvard Health to bring the pep back to your step naturally:
- Control Stress: Stress can zap your energy, so take advantage of things that can lower your stress levels, such as yoga, meditation, and speaking to a trusted friend or counselor.
- Lighten Your Load: Learn to say no and to not overwhelm yourself with personal and professional obligations. Set your priorities, and rid yourself of tasks that are not vital.
- Exercise: Along with being good for your body, working out can increase levels of dopamine in your brain, which elevates your mood and increases your energy.
- Don’t Smoke: Smoking has many negative side effects, one of which is causing insomnia. Nicotine makes it hard to fall asleep, and cravings can wake you up in the middle of the night.
- Restrict Your Sleep: Use your bed only for sleep, and avoid napping to ensure that you get more restful sleep at night, which in turn will boost your energy when you are awake.
- Eat for Energy: Eat foods with sugars that absorb slowly and support your energy levels for a longer time, such as whole grains, high-fiber vegetables, nuts, and healthy oils such as olive oil.
- Use Caffeine Thoughtfully: Caffeine is a great energy booster, but keep your coffee or tea intake relegated to mornings, and avoid it after 2 pm to encourage better sleep.
- Drink Water: When your body is dehydrated, it feels fatigued. So be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your energy up.
Another excellent option for increasing your energy are Kool for Men’s Energy+ wellness patches. Applied each morning, the patches will enhance your energy levels all day long with eight essential vitamins and nutrients, including caffeine, taurine, glucuronolactone, green tea extract, and vitamins B3, B5, B6, and B1. They will keep you feeling revitalized, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the day.